People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
Ghostwriting Op-Ed pieces for scientists and technical experts for placement in scientific journals and major U.S. dailies.
Writing compelling in-house bulletins and alerts, designed to motivate action.
- Let’s Stop the Near-Drowning of Lab Animals
- NIH By the Numbers
- Government Experimenters Frighten Monkeys With Snakes for Fun and Profit
- Feds Spend Millions To Scare Monkeys
- Cobra Gold is a Bloody Shame
Harrison Scott Publications, Hoboken, N.J.
May 2016 – March, 2017
Reporting and writing on the hedge fund industry for an exclusive-news-only industry newsletter.
N.J. Advance Media (NJ.com), Trenton, N.J.
May 2014 – May, 2016
Investigative, feature and daily writing on the crime beat in New Jersey’s capital city.
Statehouse Reporter/Local Editor
Huffington Post Media Group (Patch.com), Trenton, N.J.
November 2010 – January, 2014
Providing statewide political reporting for 76 local news websites.
Founding editor of a local news website that provided original daily reporting that dug into municipal issues with flair and verve. Managed a handful of freelance writers and photographers.
- Prosecutor: Former Schools Super Bilked District, Laundered Money
- The Unnamed Bicycle Column: Time After Time
- ON THE SCENE: Working the Wall High School Snack Shack
- Corey Booker Raises, Spends More Than All Competitors Combined in Senate Race
Asbury Park Press, Neptune, N.J.
January, 2003 – November, 2010
Investigative, feature and original daily reporting that mattered for the Coastal Monmouth Bureau, covering seven towns and the state’s largest military base. Some stories prompted both state and federal legislation.
Textual: Writing. Reporting. Proofreading. Line and Content Editing.
Audio/Video: Audio/Video Photo/Graphics creation and editing.
Computer Languages: Fluent in HTML to 4.0. CSS, PHP.
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, Calif. — Journalism
Available on Request.